Monday 2 April 2018

March 2018 Review



I finally feel like Spring might be here.  We have had a few lovely days in March, some horrible ones too, but I am definitely noticing a difference - the horses are too!!!  Basil is making progress although we had a couple of dodgy Tuesdays, which is odd.  He is just keen to do something and is feeling a little bit spring like.  Tommy is definitely feeling the joys of spring!  What a difference a year makes for Chesney - now he is having his medication for his PPID he is losing his hair normally and looks pretty good for a soon to be 24 year old.




This is how March looked:

We had snow :(

6th - lunged today, he was very good - amazingly.

7th - rode today in the arena, 12 minutes in walk.  I don't think I can hack out until he is allowed to trot a bit more because I am fairly certain he will just jog all the way!

9th - tried to lunge again today but he was really very naughty and there was not much lunging achieved just galloping up and down the arena.

10th - lunged today, after yesterday I decided I would be silly to get on - he was much better.

11th - rode for 15 minutes today in walk, lots of circles and serpentines.  We had 1 trot on a long side on each rein.

12th - rode for 15 minutes again today, a bit of walk leg yield and the same trots.

13th - lunged, very good today.

15th - lunged again.

16th - rode today, same as before - good boy.  I think he is pleased to be doing something.

20th - farrier today and later I tried to lunge but he seemed sore on his off hind so I stopped.  Not sure if holding his leg for the farrier is still a bit hard.

23rd  - lunged, he seemed to be feeling better and was a little bit silly.

24th - rode for 18 minutes in the arena today.  2 short trots (1 long side) on each rein.  Circles, serpentines and walk leg yield.

25th - rode for 20 minutes today with 1 trot on each rein all the way around the arena.  Walk as above.

27th - again not right on his off hind when I tried to lunge.  Feeling a bit concerned.

30th - lunged again today and he seemed fine.  A bit stiff for a couple of circles in walk to start with but loosened up and then all good.

31st - rode for 25 minutes in the arena today.  2 trots on each rein, whole circuits and he was quite good, not too rushed.




Have you seen yesterday's video 'Spring for a day'  on my You Tube channel?   
Horse Life and Love.  Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates on Chesney, Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!   
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment