Thursday 7 December 2017

November 2017 Review



November started OK but then went downhill :( So I did not achieve my aims at all.  We have a plan 
now though, I don't think December will be very exciting but hope January will be better.


My Aims for November were: 

1.      Calmness and Rhythm in trot canter
2.      More balance and slower in canter
3.      Correct canter leads
4.      Calmer trots after cantering
5.      Turn on forehand
6.      Shoulder in on left rein
7.      Leg yield circles (spirals)
8.      Small jump (maybe a bit bigger)

This is what November looked like:

3rd - horses all had their teeth checked and rasped today ... all good.

4th - hack out today, fast walking but no jogging!  Basil did whinny a lot but was pretty good really.

8th - lunged, Basil was very good today but had lost a shoe (seemed perfectly sound) and had cut his mouth so I couldn't put a bit in anyway - going to be a few days before I will be able to ride L

Bit foot sore now.


18th - Basil has his shoe back on now but decided to lunge first, he was silly to start with but then very good.

19th - rode in the arena today, not too bad until tried to canter, then he went all tight and tried to buck!

24th - 26th - I organised for someone to come out and look at Basil's back this weekend.  I called the vet to see if they had some names of people they had worked with first.

The physiotherapist watched Basil walk and trot up and down and had a good look and feel of him before trying and then leaving me with some exercises to do with him to try to improve his strength in his back.  I will keep you posted!


My Aims for December are to do our exercises and for Basil to get better.

Have you seen yesterday's video 'Basil's Exercises'  on my new You Tube channel?
Horse Life and Love.  Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram for updates on Chesney, Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment