Tuesday 14 July 2015

Lavender for horses.


At its best at the moment this plant grows in many different countries and is popular for many different uses.  Widely used in perfumes and toiletries.   Again, I have this  herb in my garden! 



This may be a good herb for me to use to try to encourage Chesney to relax and be less stressed about life.  As he is getting older he is finding things more stressful! 



Actions:
See my
herb blog for the meanings of these.   
Antidepressant, Antimicrobial, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Carminative, Cholagogue, Diuretic, Nervine, Relaxant, Rubefacient, Sedative, Stimulant, Stomachic, Tonic.

 
Part Used:
Flowers.


Usage:
Use for nervous ailments and as a relaxant.  


Dosage:
20 - 30gms added to feed daily.



Have a look at my vlog tomorrow to see 'Tommy's Arrival'  
Horse Life and Love.   Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram for updates on Chesney, Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment