Tuesday 7 July 2015

Cold Tea is Amazing!

During the summer I often find one or other of the horses gets a 'yucky' eye.  I think this is because of the flies that land on the corner of their eyes bringing with them germs from whatever else they have been sitting on.  It is not conjunctivitis but slightly sticky with more discharge than usual.  The eye seems to water too.  This year Basil is the first to have this problem.



Some years ago someone suggested to me that cold tea would help, I was definitely unsure about this BUT it works!  All you need is a mug of tea (I have always used English Breakfast tea) with no milk.  Let it get cold and then use some cotton wool to soak it up and wipe the eye.  Only wipe once with each piece of cotton wool.  I generally just wipe the eye clean, so use 2 or 3 pieces of cotton wool. Do this 2 or 3 times a day and it will quickly clear up.


If the eye does not clear up in a day or 2 then it probably would be advisable to call the vet as it may be something more serious!

This is a really cheap but effective way to sort out a 'yucky' eye and I always thought it was a really great tip!

Look out for tomorrow's video on my You Tube channel.   Horse Life and Love
Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram for updates on Chesney, Basil and Daisy AND there is some exciting news coming up soon!

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment